- June 21, 2019 - SecOps NOW! first meetup covering installing and configuring ServiceNow Security Operations.
- July 12, 2019 - SecOps NOW! July meetup covering training and certification, licensing, and Security Operations demos.
- October 4, 2019 - SecOps NOW! October meetup featuring BeyondTrust and GlideFast Consulting.
- October 30, 2019 - Presenting cybersecurity career development and ServiceNow SecOps to the students at SecureSet Tampa.
- November 13, 2019 - Teaching safe technology practices to students at Bauder Elementary in Seminole, Florida.
- January 10, 2020 - Introduction to containers using the Docker platform.
- January 11, 2020 - You Can Hack It! SecureSet Tampa employer panel.
- July 22, 2020 - MSSP Market Overview for the Central Maryland ISSA Chapter
Threat Angler Background
John Perkins is the Principal and Founder of Threat Angler and brings over twenty years of cybersecurity experience. During the first fifteen years of his career at the Federal Reserve, he contributed to nearly all cybersecurity disciplines. John spent the next five years designing, building, and leading managed security services with Optiv, GuidePoint, Insight Enterprises, and other service providers where he serviced over four-hundred customers. John holds many cybersecurity certifications in addition to a master of science in information assurance and an MBA with a focus on leading organizational change.
John's passion is to build a cybersecurity services business that is laser focused on delivering cybersecurity outcomes to customers of all shapes and sizes. John's past experience built a wide range of skills and a deep network of colleagues in the industry, but John witnessed a pattern of service providers prioritizing financial growth targets and internal bureaucracy over delivering cybersecurity value. John is committed to and has special tactics to achieve the growth of Threat Angler without ever allowing for distraction from delivering cybersecurity value.